The space covering all the news across India and the Globe.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded with the UN’s highest environmental honour, also given to five other individuals and organisations, for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single use plastic by 2022. Cochin International Airport was given the award for its leadership in the use of sustainable energy.
- Six of the world’s most outstanding environmental changemakers have been recognised with the Champions of the Earth Award. French President Emmanuel Macron and Mr. Modi have been jointly recognised in the Policy Leadership category for their pioneering work in championing the International Solar Alliance.
- The UNSDF 2018-22 comprises of seven priority areas that outline the work that UN agencies will undertake jointly or individually, fully aligned with the priorities of the GoI. The seven priority areas outlined in the UNSDF are:
- 1. Poverty and Urbanization; 2. Health, Water, and Sanitation; 3. Education and Employability; 4. Nutrition and Food Security; 5. Climate Change, Clean Energy, and Disaster Resilience; 6. Skilling, Entrepreneurship, and Job Creation; and 7. Gender Equality and Youth Development.
- Shri Jual Oram, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs introduced the Indian Sporting Legend and the World Boxing Champion Ms. Mary Kom as the Brand Ambassador of “Tribes India” and launched the “Punch Tantra” Diwali collection. Four promotional video spots produced by NFDC featuring Brand Ambassador Ms. Mary Com promoting Tribal products of Tribes India.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad received the Best Airport Award in Major Cities category
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore received the Best Airport Award in ‘Rest of India’ category for promotion of Tourism at these airports.
- India and Morocco signed an MoU for deepening cooperation between MSME sectors of the two countries in Rabat, Morocco.
- Ms. Alka Arora, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of MSME, held bilateral meetings with Mr. Othman El Ferdaous, Secretary of State in the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Trade and Digital Economy and with other related Departments for enhancing cooperation in MSME Sector.
- No Indian institution figures in the top 250 of the Times Higher Education’s (THE) world university rankings 2019, though the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, has retained its position as the highest-ranked centre in the country, while the Indian Institute of Technology-Indore has risen to the highest position behind it.
- The rankings show Oxford continues to hold the first place, Cambridge second, and Stanford third. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology rose one place to number four. In India, number of Indian institutions in the rankings increased from 42 last year to 49, making it the fifth best-represented nation.
- Two Loan Agreements were signed here today between Dr. C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Mr. Katsuo Matsumoto, Chief Representative, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), New Delhi on Japanese Official Development Assistance loan for Construction of -
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project (I) of Yen 89.457 billion (Rs.5591 crore approx.)
- Kolkata East-West Metro Project (III) of Yen 25.903 billion (Rs.1619 crore approx.)
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U), has partnered with Google to launch the Loo Review campaign to encourage all local guides in India to rate and review public toilets on Google Maps.
- The initiative is aimed at providing a Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) as a developmental effort that would benefit both vehicle-users as well as farmers and entrepreneurs.
- In order to fight the growing problem of counterfeit drugs in India, NITI Aayog and Oraclesigned a Statement of Intent (SoI) to pilot a real drug supply-chain using blockchain distributed ledger and Internet of Things (IoT) software.
- Apollo Hospitals and Strides Pharma Sciences will partner in this effort.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) and National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI) have jointly set up a Centre of Excellence for data analytics to support Government departments to unlock the hidden potential of the data that they are generating as part of the governance processes and use it to improve the overall governance.
- Launch of Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) was done by the Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad, as part of Workshop on Data Analytics in Government.
NO COMMENTS YET