.All the Exam related Current Affairs.
- The 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been jointly awarded to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo, by the Nobel committee of the Karolinska Institute.
- The two immunologists — from the U.S. and Japan, respectively — were awarded the Prize “for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation.”
- The Enforcement Directorate has attached immovable properties in the United Kingdom and the United States, besides jewellery and bank accounts, worth â‚¹637 crore.
- The Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Monday approved the names of six directors, including Uday Kotak, MD of Kotak Mahindra Bank, G.N. Bajpai, former Sebi chairman, G.C. Chaturvedi, chairman of ICICI Bank, to the board Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
- The Reserve Bank will inject â‚¹36,000 crore liquidity into the system through purchase of government bonds in October to meet the festival season demand for funds.
- The auctions to purchase government bonds as part of the Open Market Operations (OMOs) to manage liquidity in the system will be conducted in the second, third and fourth week of October.
- Guterres will participate in the Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention. He will also deliver a lecture at the India Habitat Centre on the theme of 'Global challenges, global solutions'.
- The theme this year is, 'Celebrating Older Human Rights champions'.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu will confer Vayoshreshtha Samman 2018 for Eminent Senior Citizen and institutions in recognition of their services towards the cause of the elderly persons in New Delhi